If you are a Lynn resident facing eviction or foreclosure, we are here to help.
Please come to a housing justice meeting to hear about our group, to learn more about your rights, and to find support as you fight to stay in your home.
Our meetings are every Thursday, 6:30 pm, at 112 Exchange Street, Lynn MA 01901 (on the corner of Broad Street).
If you need directions or more information about the meetings, or if you have an urgent question, call 781-346-9199.
Si usted vive en Lynn y tiene un problema con desalojo o ejecucción hipotecaría, estamos aquí a apoyarle.
Tenemos reuniones cada jueves, 6:30 de la noche, en 112 Exchange Street Lynn MA 01901 (en la esquina de Broad Street y Exchange Street).
Si necesita más información, o si tiene una pregunta muy urgente, llámanos al 781-346-9199.
Donate / Donar
We need your help to stop unjust evictions and foreclosures, develop social justice leaders, and strengthen local grassroots social justice movements.
Donate online / Donar por internet
Donate by check, mail / Donar por cheque, correo
- Make check payable to "City Life" [Hacer cheque pagable a "City Life"]
- Write "Lynn United Empowerment" on memo line [Escribe "Lynn United Empowerment" en línea de "memo"]
- Drop off or mail the check to... [Traiga o envíe su cheque a...]:
Lynn United for Change Empowerment Project, 112 Exchange Street, Lynn MA 01901
The Lynn United for Change Empowerment Project brings together immediate battles against unjust eviction and foreclosure with the longer term struggle for social justice. We provide Lynn residents with the support, advice, and information they need in order to effectively address their own individual problems while also becoming active participants in collective efforts to deal with the root causes of social problems.
We seek to provide the space, training, and tools for Lynn residents from diverse backgrounds to develop leadership as active participants in the broader social justice movement.
Our housing justice work began in response to the foreclosure crisis and -- in collaboration with community partners, volunteers, and allied organizations -- has played a key role in the development of a vibrant movement for housing justice that brings together an extremely diverse range of homeowners and tenants.
The Lynn United for Change Empowerment Project encourages civic engagement among the people it serves, but does not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and does not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.
We are grateful for the critical support of funders including:
- The Burgess Urban Fund of the Episcopal City Mission
- The Lenny Zakim Fund
- The Haymarket People's Fund
- Contributions from individual donors and program participants are also important to us. Please consider making an online donation. Please also feel free to contact us (781-346-9199 or info@LynnEmpowerment.org) to discuss how your contribution can make a real impact by improving the lives of individuals and by helping build a stronger movement for change.